Vaccines for individuals from 6 months old to 64 years old are available.
Please contact reception to book yourselves for a flu vaccine with the nurse.
Flu vaccine will be FREE for eligible patients (please see below for the eligible criteria).
For non-eligible individuals, there is a cost of $37.00 for a dose.
*We are still offering Flu Vaccines till the end of the year.
Please click here to view the consent form in order for the process to be efficient for you to receive your vaccine in a timely manner at the clinic.
Feel free to contact the nurse if you have any questions.
1. People 65 years of age or older; or
2. People under 65 years of age who:
- have any of the following cardiovascular diseases:
- ischaemic heart disease, or
- congestive heart failure, or
- rheumatic heart disease, or
- congenital heart disease, or
- cerebrovascular disease; or
- have either of the following chronic respiratory diseases:
- asthma, if on a regular preventative therapy, or
- other chronic respiratory disease with impaired lung function;a or
- have diabetes; or
- have chronic renal disease; or
- have any cancer, excluding basal and squamous skin cancers if not invasive; or
- have any of the following other conditions:
- autoimmune disease,b or
- immune suppression or immune deficiency, or
- HIV, or
- transplant recipient, or
- neuromuscular or CNS disease/disorder,c or
- haemoglobinopathy,d or
- children on long-term aspirin, or
- a cochlear implant, or
- error of metabolism at risk of major metabolic decompensation, or
- pre- or post-splenectomy, or
- Down syndrome, or
- pregnant women (any trimester); or
3. Children aged 4 years or under who have been hospitalised for respiratory illness or have a history of significant respiratory illness, including:
- Children aged 6–59 months (under 5 years) who have been hospitalised with measles.
Unless meeting the criteria set out above, the following conditions are excluded from funding:
- asthma not requiring regular preventative therapy, or
- PHARMAC has confirmed that people with a respiratory condition that is prescribed a preventer inhaler meet the eligibility criteria for a funded influenza vaccination regardless of whether or not they routinely collect the inhaler, i.e. are adherent with treatment. They acknowledge that there may be barriers resulting in some people with respiratory conditions not collecting their preventer inhaler but that this does not affect their eligibility to receive a funded influenza vaccine.
- hypertension and/or dyslipidaemia without evidence of end-organ disease.
You can read more about the flu vaccine on https://www.influenza.org.nz/